Friday, November 27, 2009

Braid and spray to curl my hair?? I'm black AND white!?

I want to bring out my waves again and I was wondering if after I wash my hair would this work:



Finger combing it, putting two braids or buns in, and then using a curling spray, and blow or air drying my hair.



I am black and white with dry and frizzy hair. I have natural wave but I usually brush them out... would this work? Yes, my hair is chemically relaxed too.



Braid and spray to curl my hair?? I'm black AND white!?

Next time you wash your hair towel dry it put some mousse in (Options worked pretty good for me)



Then finger part it in approx. 1.5 - 2 inch squares; separate the hair in two pieces and twist them together (simple twist) then twist the twist (it will roll back on itself - like when you try to wring a towel dry and when it can't wring any further it starts to curl into it self) and as it starts to form a knot continue to wrap the remainder around it, sometimes you can wrap it and it stays but if your ends are blunt it probably won't so u can secure it with a hairpin or bobby pin.



Do this over your entire head. These are called corkscrews -let's pretend you didn't know this even if you did cuz I don't wanna acknowledge that I may have just written all of that for nothing. :o)



You can let it air dry but if your hair is long it'll take quite a while, you can help it along with a blow dryer but ideally you should sit under a hood dryer for a tighter curl in a shorter time and it lasts longer too (sometimes you can go the entire week if you secure your curls properly at night I use to sleep on a satin pillow case but that is said to cause breakage but whatever works for you is fine).



If you don't have a hood dryer and have time and no where to go immediately just let it dry on it's own. You can check every hour to guage how much longer before you can let them out.



When dry, unwrap each on and gently seperate with your fingers.



This is something that's best done at night and your hair doesn't always have to be freshly washed, you can spray each section with leave-in conditioner and a bit of mousse then proceed; it's usually good to go by morning.



Depending on the size of curl you desire you can part the sections bigger or smaller.



Hope this helps!



Braid and spray to curl my hair?? I'm black AND white!?

Because your hair is Chemically relaxed. . .the natural wave will NOT come back by just washing your hair. . .well not immediately that is.



You see, once your hair is chemically relaxed, it will remain straight until new hair grows out. The new hair will have the natural curl or wave in it.



I am African American and I ditch the chemical relaxer several years ago -- I get a press %26amp; curl every other week and my hair remains straight, at night I simply wrap my hair to keep it straight. Of course, when I wash my hair, the natural curl comes back because the press and curl is a temporary straightener.



Anyways, good luck. . .if you are interested in keeping your natural curl in the future, you might want to consider wearing braids in your hair for 6+ months so that your natural hair can grow in and then you can simply cut off of your chemically relaxed hair.



Braid and spray to curl my hair?? I'm black AND white!?

After u wash it u should damp your hair. Then keep it moist so that will stay wet .Then let it air dry or blow dry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
norton